Re: [Exim] Restricting filter writes

Author: Matt McLeod
To: Chris Knipe
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Restricting filter writes
Chris Knipe wrote:
> I don't use filters for each user though... For them to add the filters to
> the system, they would need a shell account on the system to add the
> .forward .vacation, or whatever file you want exim to process on behalf of
> the user..

Not at all. You can pull the filter out of a database easily enough.
In this instance it will indeed be stored as a file (I want to keep
the number of things that have to be working properly down), but a
web interface will be provided to edit it.

I'm coming from a setup where users have shell accounts and can
run procmail. Some -- though by no means the majority -- make use
of that. It'll be enough of a wrench to get them away from using
procmail, but if they can't filter at all...

Matt

--
Matt Mcleod                         Sysprog, Systems and IT Infrastructure
<mjm@???>                           The University of Melbourne