[Exim] Antwort: Exim-users digest, Vol 2 #1693 - 15 msgs

Author: Wolfgang.Fuertbauer
To: exim-users
CC: jwsacksteder
Subject: [Exim] Antwort: Exim-users digest, Vol 2 #1693 - 15 msgs
>>>Some folks explicitly disable VRFY on their boxes and I do believe it
>>>doesn't break any RFC to do that ;-)
>>>

>>Some folks block IPs that send them VRFY - especially as:
>>
>>1. Their boxes don't advertise VRFY in response to an EHLO
>>
>>2. 90% of the VRFY attempts noted so far have been dictionary attacks.
>>
>>    srs

>I understand, but I certainly need this. It only needs to be an optional
>switch. I can tell you the sad story of my situation if you care to

listen.

I can understand you; similar problem here; If you create a patch - I'm
also interested in it.

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Fuertbauer (E-Mail: Wolfgang.Fuertbauer@???)
EBEWE Pharma                          Tel: ++43 7665 8123 315
Mondseestrasse 11                     Fax: ++43 7665 8123 11
4866  Unterach, Austria
http://www.ebewe.com