[Exim] Restricting filter writes

Author: Matt McLeod
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Restricting filter writes
--
I'm currently working on a shiny new mail system. To simplify things,
we don't want users to have system accounts on any of the mail systems.
Rather, mail delivery is to be done under the same UID/GID for all
users, and all access to mailboxes will be via POP3/IMAP.

There's one little problem I've run into, though: I can't find a way
to tell the filter stuff that it can't write outside a specified
directory. It looks at the moment like any user filter can drop
mail into any other user's mailbox.

I can't be the first Exim user to run into this. Has anyone else
found a suitable way to deal with it, short of creating user accounts?

Thanks.

Matt

--
Matt Mcleod                         Sysprog, Systems and IT Infrastructure
<mjm@???>                           The University of Melbourne