Re: [Exim] Manual ( was message_size_limit)

Author: John Jetmore
To: Nico van der Dussen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Manual ( was message_size_limit)
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Nico van der Dussen wrote:

> I believe the manual in general is great - one of the far better ones for
> "GPL" systems. It is just overwhelming - far too many pages :-) ( But
> it would be impossible to feature Exim in less)

Before I say this, I love exim to death and shiver when I think what it
would take to run our mail system w/o it. But this quote is too good to
pass up here. I was reading an article by the implementor of visicalc the
other day (http://www.frankston.com/?name=ImplementingVisiCalc), and found
this quote:

"In addition to prototyping, Dan put together a reference card for users.
If we couldn't figure out how to explain a feature on the reference card
we would change the program. The original method for copying formulas was
too complicated so we just changed the design rather than try to explain
it."