Re: [Exim] Manual ( was message_size_limit)

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Manual ( was message_size_limit)
På fr , 25/04/2003 klokka 14:40, skreiv John Jetmore:

> Before I say this, I love exim to death and shiver when I think what it
> would take to run our mail system w/o it.

Entire agreement.

> But this quote is too good to
> pass up here. I was reading an article by the implementor of visicalc the
> other day (http://www.frankston.com/?name=ImplementingVisiCalc), and found
> this quote:
>
> "In addition to prototyping, Dan put together a reference card for users.
> If we couldn't figure out how to explain a feature on the reference card
> we would change the program. The original method for copying formulas was
> too complicated so we just changed the design rather than try to explain
> it."

So? I once used Visicalc, I still (after 6 years) use Exim. (Actually, I
once used MS Multiplan, Lotus 123 and MS Excel too, but I now use
OOo[1].)

Maybe there wasn't a helpful (Tandy/Radio Shack) Visicalc mailing list
=) There /is/ a helpful OOo mailing list.

Best slogan for Exim?

"Listening software"
"Meritosoftware wins out"
"Even the English Board of Cricket Selectors doesn't listen like we do"
"Competition? What competition?"
"Mature in cask, young in taste"
[snip]

[1] OpenOffice.org, GPL/LGPL, vying for place with MS Office.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw