Re: [Exim] High Load

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Felix Havemann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] High Load
Felix Havemann wrote:

>> Exim 3.x? If yes, you should upgrade to exim4.
>
> Actually, I do not feel comfortable with exim4 yet and prefer to stay
> with exim3...

You REALLY REALLY should upgrade. the same_domain_copy_routing option
will speed up the routing in the case of a multi-rcpt message.

>> In some enviroments it might be useful to store remote mails in the
>> queue, without delivering them immediately, but running a queue-runner
>> every 2 or 3 minutes.
>>
>> It all depends on WHAT you want to do.
>
> I want to Send Phenomeous Amounts of Mail. (No, no SPAM, but a huge
> newsletter). Actually, it is not me, but my customer, who wants to do so
> ;-)

Inject the Spam^WNewsletter with exim -bS -odqs and let the queuerunner
do the job. My personal experience is, that this really speeds up the
delivery.

If you have unpersonalized messages, feed in as many RCPT's as you can
or a single message.
Try to group same domains together while injecting.

Nico