Re: [Exim] High Load

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Felix Havemann
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] High Load
Felix Havemann wrote:
> On Mittwoch, April 9, 2003, at 01:38 PM, Nico Erfurth wrote:
>
>> *SIGH*
>> 1.) Tell us about your hardware, OS and filesystems, I doubt that exim
>>     on a P-66 with 16 MB ram can handle 4000 deliveries per hour....

> SunFire V100, 1GB RAM, Debian Woody 2.4.18, xfs
> BTW: no 4000 but 40000 deliveries per hour. Actually I get up to 26000
> deliveries per hour.

Exim 3.x? If yes, you should upgrade to exim4.

>> 2.) What performance enhancements/settings do you use currently?
>
> Very basic configuration (only a few changes to the debian-default).
> Kernel is optimized to the hardware used, thats all. I will try the
> mentioned enhancements next weeks and I am wondering, if there is
> something else, I can do.

split_spool_directory?
domain_copy_routing for the dnslookup router?

How about showing us your config-file?
Do you have mostly local, or more remote deliveries?

In some enviroments it might be useful to store remote mails in the
queue, without delivering them immediately, but running a queue-runner
every 2 or 3 minutes.

It all depends on WHAT you want to do.

Nico