Re: [Exim] Book for Exim4 ?

Author: Drav Sloan
To: Cory Daehn
CC: 'Alexandre Duran Mertens - Software Dreams', exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Book for Exim4 ?
Cory Daehn wrote:
> As far as I know, the Exim 4 book isn't out yet, but its supposed to be
> forthcoming from a different publisher.

Philip Posted:

There is now a temporary web site for the Exim 4 book at

http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/

In due course, this will migrate to become

http://www.exim-book.com/

once the necessary infrastructure gets set up.

The publisher hopes to be shipping the book by the end of April.

And it's not O'Reilly?!? Darn it, it's gonna take the uniformity of
my book shelf away!! :)

> That's been one of the biggest
> reasons I've stuck with Exim 3... I have the O'Reilley book...

Not the best reason I've heard so far...

> even if O'Reilley books aren't exactly novice-friendly. (Well, that and I
> have yet to find an RPM of exim 4 that will compile on my machine -AND-
> upgrade the existing RPM-based copy. I tried doing a compile/install w/o
> using RPM, and it broke too many things on my server.

<insert strictly off topic 'discussion'>

!!!!

This is the _exact_ reason I think RPMs are bad. They teach you
F**K all about system setup. You also rely on a 3rd parties idea
of 'what the right thing to do with your system' is. I cannot see
how installing exim 'out of the box' broke your server! Thats just
insane, what did you do copy it randomly over your OS? :)

RPMs are bad m'kay, as the old saying goes; 'Use the source luke!'

:)

</insert strictly off topic 'discussion'>

D.