Re: [Exim] RFC 1485 compliant LDAP DN quoting

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tony Earnshaw
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] RFC 1485 compliant LDAP DN quoting
lør, 2003-03-29 kl. 15:57 skrev Philip Hazel:

> > Have a look at the patch below with introduces a "new" eldap_quote_dn() and
> > eliminates the special DN encoding part in eldap_quote().
> >
> > Please let me know, if I am right with this approach.
>
> Well, I'm afraid I don't know. Please can the other LDAP users on this
> list who know about this stuff take a look and give your views.

I use ldap (actually ldaps) extensively, if not exclusively, for Exim 4.
Started about this time last year (took over from standard Unix
passwd/shadow, /etc/aliases, groups, ~.forward etc. etc.) The advantage
is, that I have one single central directory/database for almost all
Unix services available, as well as all users, contacts, groups, domains
etc. Talk about Super NIS ...

I now use SA-Exim 4.14/2.2 and Openldap 2.1.16.

/Everything/ in spec.txt and NewStuff works perfectly as it is. There is
no need to change anything, whatsoever.

With my deepest respect: those who haven't been able to make it work as
it is with 4.14, and as it has been since 4.04, have neither read the
docs / consulted the list archives, nor tried things out for themselves,
sufficiently.

"... stay little valentine, stay ..."

Best,

Tony