Re: [Exim] RFC 1485 compliant LDAP DN quoting

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Marian Eichholz
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] RFC 1485 compliant LDAP DN quoting
On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Marian Eichholz wrote:

> most probably, ldap_quote_dn in exim 4.14 does *not*, what RFC 1485
> recommends as DN string representation.

I am not an LDAP user. The quoting rules in LDAP seem to give rise to a
huge amount of trouble and problems. Most of the LDAP code in Exim
originated as code submitted by LDAP users. Several times now, people
have said "the quoting is wrong; this is how you should do it", and as a
result, I have changed the code. Several times. Why is this
specification so complicated?

So you are following in a well-established tradition... :-)

> Have a look at the patch below with introduces a "new" eldap_quote_dn() and
> eliminates the special DN encoding part in eldap_quote().
>
> Please let me know, if I am right with this approach.

Well, I'm afraid I don't know. Please can the other LDAP users on this
list who know about this stuff take a look and give your views.