Re: [Exim] HELO acl

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tony Earnshaw
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] HELO acl
lør, 2003-03-29 kl. 15:45 skrev Philip Hazel:

> It's clearly a small patch, and I don't mind including it if people want
> it. But what is the benefit? Is this the argument that you should reject
> HELO/EHLO instead of sending a rejection at connection time? I don't
> myself see much difference.

I wasn't able to find any helo ACL patch, so don't know what it does.

What I do as standard at the moment, is:

1: Refuse an smtp connection if a valid helo/ehlo isn't given;
2: Refuse the connection if I can't do a reverse lookup on the client.

O.k., so I live in a dream world, that's as may be; my ISP who uses Exim
himself allows anything at helo/ehlo time. But what does the patch do
that my ACLs don't do?

Best,

Tony

--