Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Lukas
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?
On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Lukas wrote:
[...]
> auth_advertise_hosts =3D *

what's this? I haven't got it in my conf.

[...]
> acl_check_rcpt:

[...]
>   accept  local_parts    =3D postmaster
>           domains        =3D  local_domains
>           verify         =3D recipient

change to:

    accept    local_parts    = postmaster
        domains        = +local_domains

it was missing a + (is a list) and was verifying that the postmaster
account exists...

> accept authenticated =3D *

a question, why do some mailers encode in hex things like = ?
Besides, I would put the authenticated check ealier in the acl.

>   accept  domains        =3D  local_domains

missing + as above.

>           endpass
>           message        =3D Unknown user.
>           verify         =3D recipient

>   accept  domains        =3D  relay_to_domains

ditto

>           endpass
>           message        =3D Unrouteable address.
>           verify         =3D recipient

>   accept  hosts          =3D  relay_from_hosts

ditto.

>   deny    message        =3D Authentication required - Relay not permitted.

[...]

Giuliano