Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?
Hi Lukas, on Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:17:10 CET you wrote:

> Everithings seems to work well. I have only one problem. I cannot send
> mail outside my network.

Not *at all*. Are you sure? The examples you posted (if the problems are
still similar) look like they are the remote host causing problems. Is
that what you were talking about?

> Here follow some lines from my log. They were succesful attempt to spam.

Indeed. Hopefully you've got things sorted so that this won't happen now.
Have you cleared your queue so you won't get any backlogged spam sent out?

Assuming so, what seems to be the problem with delivering to remote
addresses? Is it getting rejected at SMTP time, or getting as far as the
queue and then hanging around? Have you got some log lines? Also, have you
got eximon installed? It's by no means essential but if you've got as far
as getting mail in the queue, eximon can be a quick and easy way of
examining messages to find out why they are stuck, as well as keeping an
eye on things generally which is handy after you've been making config
changes.

Tim