RE: RE: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Angel Marin
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Lukas
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: RE: RE: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

You can test your config from your own server ussing the command Nico
sugests you in other post.

> - if I send a message to a mail address existing on my server (an
> existing user in one of my domains), it always leaves, with or
> without SMTP AUTH ether with my right data, or pretending to be a
> user not on my server.

This is what is supposed to happen, you want to receive mail for your
locally hosted domains dont you ?

> - if I send a message to an existing mail address outside my
> server (no belonging to my domains), it never leaves, even if
> using SMTP AUTH. I always get the "Auth required, relay denied"
> error (it changes only if I use a wrong user id or password... it
> tells me that there is a wrong user id or password).

Are you using TLS encription when sending those mails ? Your acl_smtp_auth
forces the use of encryption in order to accept and authentication attemp.
If you dont want this to happen just leave acl_smtp_auth unset.

> This makes me think that the problem is not a SMTP AUTH
> problem... what do you think? may it be a relay_to_domains error?
> In my conf file, it looks for data in a MySQL dabase in which I
> put only my domain specified as local. I noticed that if I add
> the entry * specified as relay, not local, my server goes back to
> be an open relay and I can send a message everywhere without any
> kind of control.

What type of domains are listed on relay_to_domains, domains that you host
mail for? then your current config seems correct for me.

Regards,

--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/