Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nico Erfurth
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Lukas
Kopio: exim-users@exim.org
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?
On Sun, 23 Mar 2003, Lukas wrote:

> You are right... it was a mistake... I realized it the moment I pasted
> the config file to my previous message. I corrected it to
> 192.168.1.0/24. However I checked my logs and spam attempts came from
> 211.xxxxxx and 218.xxxxxx.
>
> But the problem is that I need to change it to hostlist relay_from_host
> = *

Why you need it?

I've looked through your Config, and it looked MOSTLY correct at first
sight, the accept authenticated = * should only accept a mail if it was
send in an authenticated connection.

Remember, relay_from_host is just a named list, it has NO internal meaning
to exim, the whole relay-checking in doen through ACLs.

Run exim in debugmode with exim -d -bh 1.1.1.1 and try to figure out
why your authentication does not work.

Whenever something goes wrong, exim -d is the BEST startpoint.

Try to find the problem yourself, if you're stuck, feel free to post to
the list, with the important parts of the debuglog appended.

We're no wizards, so provide us with REAL informations and we can give you
REAL answers.

Nico