Re: [Exim] exilist 0.2 - exim based list manager

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exilist 0.2 - exim based list manager
Tony Finch wrote:

> What does it have that other list managers don't? I'm particularly

* Web Interface that doesn't look like ass (OK, beauty is in the eye of
the beholder, or something).

* Independent SQL Backend that can be tweaked with your own applications
if you don't like the provided web interface. Writing a shell/mail
application should not be really hard.

* Full "virtual" domain support (you can have "mylist@???" and
"mylist@???").

* Traffic accounting per list and user

In general, it is more suited to manage workgroup-like list (large
number of smaller lists). The largest list I have tried was 3500 users.

> the ability to distribute list message handling across a cluster of
> email servers. Too many list managers seem to be a new design of
> triangular wheel.

The existing (free) solutions did not do what I wanted them to do. I
just invented my own wheel, which is in my preferred shape :)

/tom

--
Tom Kistner <tom@???>
ICQ 1501527 dcanthrax@efnet