Re: [exiscanusers] Re: [Exim] More on exiscan demime facilit…

Author: Kyle Dippery
To: exiscanusers, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exiscanusers] Re: [Exim] More on exiscan demime facility
On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 11:38:49AM +0100, Tom Kistner wrote:
> Nicklas Hardman wrote:
>
> >The usual reason for exiscan are:
> >
> >These mails are mainly coming from yahoo.com and spray.se.
> >We have tried to use yahoo and send mail with a usual word document as
> >attachment and get the same result.
> >What can be the reason for this?
>
> Do they actually have base64 lines longer than 76 chars ?

I've just checked one that I'm catching, sent from my own mail
server (FreeBSD, exim-4.12, exiscan-4.12-23), through the web
interface, to another of my systems (more-or-less identical but
with exiscan-4.12-25 and without the web interface).

The offending lines are 77 characters, where the 77th character
is "^M". Seems to be introduced by the web interface (in my
case, an old version of Roxen Challenger; an upgrade to something
different, probably Horde, is in the works but still several
weeks off).

Is there an easy way (sorry, I'm not a very good programmer) to
check what that last character is and, if it's "^M", ignore it?
(Is that even a safe thing to do?)

Cheers,
Kyle
--
Kyle Dippery
Engineering Computing Services        Phone: (859) 257-1346