Re: [Exim] More on exiscan demime facility

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Nicklas Hardman
CC: exiscanusers, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] More on exiscan demime facility
Nicklas Hardman wrote:

> The usual reason for exiscan are:
>
> These mails are mainly coming from yahoo.com and spray.se.
> We have tried to use yahoo and send mail with a usual word document as attachment and get the same result.
> What can be the reason for this?

Do they actually have base64 lines longer than 76 chars ? If yes, they
are at fault. If not, theres a bug in my code.

 From RFC 2045:
The encoded output stream must be represented in lines of no more
    than 76 characters each.

Thats a must :P

However, since the world is less than perfect, I will make the demime
tests more configurable.

To solve your current problems, you can extempt mail coming from Yahoo!
or Spray from demimeing by setting an appropriate exiscan_demime_condition.

Or look in src/exiscan.h and change MIME_SANITY_MAX_B64_LINE_LENGTH to
whatever you see fit, then recompile.

regards,

/tom

--