Re: [Exim] Option to limit lifetime of Exim son processes?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Ralf G. R. Bergs
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Option to limit lifetime of Exim son processes?
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

> Still any ideas how to debug the problem? Especially since "kill -USR1 <pid>"
> isn't very helpful either in these cases:
>
>     2002-11-19 13:34:36 29832 handling incoming connection from my.mailhub.de
>         [aaa.bbb.c.dd]:51389

Doesn't tell you much, does it?

As you are running on a small not-very-busy host, you *might* be able to
run the daemon in debugging mode for a bit, but that will generate a lot
of stderr output, so it may not be feasible. And you'll need to be
reasonably sure that one of these incidents is going to happen...