Re: [Exim] Shadow Transport glitch

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Odhiambo G. Washington
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Shadow Transport glitch
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> --
> * Philip Hazel <ph10@???> [20021120 13:27]: wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> >
> > > I have the following added to local_delivery transport
> > >
> > > shadow_transport = backup_delivery
> > > shadow_condition = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/mail_backup_users}{1}{0}}
> > >

> > > Problem 1: when the condition is set, the shadow transport fails to run.
> >
> > Debug output?
>

> Attached.

What you have attached is a debug of an address test (exim -bt). That's
no good for testing a shadow transport. All it does is to route the
address. A shadow transport only kicks in *after a successful delivery*.
So you should not expect to see anything about it in an address routing
test. You will have to try an actual delivery. (A fake delivery, using
-N to suppress the actual transporting, should be OK.)