Re: [Exim] Option to limit lifetime of Exim son processes?

Author: Ralf G. R. Bergs
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [Exim] Option to limit lifetime of Exim son processes?
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 09:07:46 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
>
>> Still any ideas how to debug the problem? Especially since "kill -USR1

<pid>"
>> isn't very helpful either in these cases:
>>
>>     2002-11-19 13:34:36 29832 handling incoming connection from

my.mailhub.de
>>         [aaa.bbb.c.dd]:51389

>Doesn't tell you much, does it?
>
>As you are running on a small not-very-busy host, you *might* be able to
>run the daemon in debugging mode for a bit, but that will generate a lot
>of stderr output, so it may not be feasible. And you'll need to be
>reasonably sure that one of these incidents is going to happen...

It WILL happen, I'm sure. :-(

But thanks for that great suggestion -- I simply hadn't thought about that
myself. I'm running the daemon debugging mode now, but something that doesn't
exactly ease debugging is the lack of timestamps. :-(

Will keep you informed in case I find something out.

Thanks!

--
   L I N U X       .~.
  The  Choice      /V\