Re: [Exim] Offtopic Q: access to exim through firewall...

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users, Ruth Ivimey-Cook
Subject: Re: [Exim] Offtopic Q: access to exim through firewall...
On Wednesday, November 20, 2002 9:14 PM [GMT+0530=IST],
Ruth Ivimey-Cook <Ruth.Ivimey-Cook@???> wrote:

> Yes, wondered about that. Is there a 'how to set up TLS' doc
> somewhere?

The exim FAQ has stuff about it :) That, and courier at least has
scripts called mkimapdcert and mkpop3dcert you can use.

>> Eudora does TLS quite well - but the issue is that the CN name of
>> your certificate has to exactly match the name of your smtp server.
>> That,
>
> CN == cannonical name (in DNS)? I have 3 possible names for the IP I
> use, will that be a problem (they all have reverse-lookups).

CN = the name in your certificate, as opposed to a CNAME in DNS.

I would suggest setting CN (and smtp server) to the actual hostname of
your machine

    srs