RE: [Exim] Offtopic Q: access to exim through firewall...

Author: Ariel Sandberg
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Offtopic Q: access to exim through firewall...
Use any pop server daemon on your localhost ( or internal ip behind
firewall) port 110 then run stunnel (on firewall if pop is on internal ip)
to forward it to your external ip port (995 I think). You can set it up so
you'll have an ssl wrapped session.

This makes for a very secure session for authentication and downloading of
data. This should be secure enough.

If Eudora does not support spop then you can also download the win32
binaries of stunnel and have it forward to your localport:110 from your
firewall:?995

I've used it before works great.

www.stunnel.org

Cheers,