Re: [Exim] Re: AOL style addresses

Author: Steve Haslam
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: AOL style addresses
<-- Warning: charset 'unknown-8bit' is not supported -->

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:28:25PM -0500, Debian User wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:50:01PM -0500, Debian User wrote:
> >                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^
> >                                           update your /etc/passwd

> I don't like to give my name out to everyone I send mail to.
> So I just leave it as Debian User...

[...]
> ~Aaron

Well, setting it to "Aaron" wouldn't really leak any extra information, and
would stop you giving the impression you don't realise there's an issue.

> I am, the line reads:
> qualify_domain = rainbox.hn.org
> Also, I do this even though it should default to qualify_domain:
> qualify_recipient = rainbox.hn.org
>
> So when I send mail, and put say "visaris" in the to: line, My server
> replies with somthing like: "501: adress must contain a domain"
> Somthing like that anyways.....

I'm not sure that Exim will add a qualifying domain during an SMTP
conversation, only when submitted locally. But I haven't tried it. Perhaps
you could give details on how exactly you're sending the mail? e.g. "echo
test | mail -s test -v visaris"

SRH
--
Steve Haslam      Reading, UK                           araqnid@???