Re: [Exim] Re: AOL style addresses

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Debian User
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: AOL style addresses
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:28:25PM -0500,
Debian User <visaris@???> is thought to have said:

> So when I send mail, and put say "visaris" in the to: line, My server
> replies with somthing like: "501: adress must contain a domain"
> Somthing like that anyways.....
>
> Hmmm, any thoughts?

Conveniently located in the default configuration you will find:

# By default, Exim expects all envelope addresses to be fully qualified, that
# is, they must contain both a local part and a domain. If you want to accept
# unqualified addresses (just a local part) from certain hosts, you can specify
# these hosts by setting one or both of
#
# sender_unqualified_hosts =
# recipient_unqualified_hosts =
#
# to control sender and recipient addresses, respectively. When this is done,
# unqualified addresses are qualified using the settings of qualify_domain
# and/or qualify_recipient (see above).

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality