[Exim] Re: Re: AOL style addresses

Author: Bernard Massot
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Re: AOL style addresses
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:28:25PM -0500, Aaron wrote:
> > > OK, what I want to do is have all mail that doesn't have a
> > > domain name to have a domain added to it.
> > >
> > > basically "anyname" becomes "anyname@???"
> >
> > what about using "qualify_domain" ?
>
> I am, the line reads:
> qualify_domain = rainbox.hn.org
> Also, I do this even though it should default to qualify_domain:
> qualify_recipient = rainbox.hn.org
>
> So when I send mail, and put say "visaris" in the to: line, My server
> replies with somthing like: "501: adress must contain a domain"

You mean you send mails, by connecting to your local MTA with SMTP, to
unqualified recipients
To make exim accept such things, use "recipient_unqualified_hosts".
Anyway you should make your MUA run an exim process instead of
connecting directly to your MTA (just seems less crappy to me).
--
Bernard Massot