[Exim] step by step guide

Author: Johannes Reichardt
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] step by step guide
hello all,

still i am the guy who wants to *only* forward all messages,
the line that nico suggested didnt work, actually happens nothing,
some mails got stuck in the queue, after configuring around nothing
happened anymore, they mails where just *gone*.

i know that i could solve this if i would study all that (badly
searchable)
documentation on exim.org but i guess what i am looking for is a simple
howto
like "simple steps for stupid people to run my first simple mailsever
with exim"
- or something like that.

so this is what i would need - a newbie howto (sorry i just dont feel
like
reading through all that docs) - or maybe someone who understands my
case and
gives me some important hints in the right direction -

here is a small list of things i would like to have answered more
obvious on exim.org:

    - whats the big difference of exim3 and 4?
    - should i upgrade exim if i am a common debian user?
    - simple overview of what its all about (the mailerdeamon
specific basics)
    - advantages and differences to qmail and others famous mailers
    - a few howtos with short explanation for common cases (like
"life with qmail" for exim)
    - FAT links that lead to the points above.

sorry if you feel like i am someone who is not able to read the manuals,
actually i read
a lot but didnt found the red line through it yet - and exim is the
program i spend most time
with without just *any* success.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen   |*|
                           |*|