Re: [Exim] Exim at high loads

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim at high loads
baptista@??? (Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira) writes:

> I want to migrate an ISP mail relay from Qmail 1.3 to Exim 3.
> Actually it has 60.000 users and uses one Dell Pentium III - 1.13 Mhz - 1
> Gb Memoria running Linux. I believe that each user send and receive 5
> emails by day. Exim will only act as relay to another Qmail.
> I have some questions about Exim performance:
> 1) Will it support this load?
> 2) What parameters can I put in exim.conf to support this load?

Try Yann Golanski's paper at http://www.kierun.org

There's stuff you can tune like ident delays etc - but having a fast
filesystem, a local resolver and a decent pipe to the 'net will take care of
everything.

Hell, if you want this exim to route all outbound mail through a qmail box
(why?), then it should be even faster and easier for you.

    -srs