Re: [Exim] Exim 4.1: Logging question re. cause of temporar…

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users ML
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.1: Logging question re. cause of temporary rejection
On 08 October 2002, Ralf G. R. Bergs said:
> Hi there,
>
> I just noticed the following entry in Exim's mainlog:
>
>     2002-10-08 11:34:30 17yql3-0002Kh-00 H=r220-1.rz.rwth-aachen.de
>         [134.130.3.31]:48914 F=<114101@???> temporarily
>         rejected after DATA

> There's no related log line.

Did you forget to say "in the rejectlog"? Or did you forget to check
the rejectlog?

> How can I find out *why* Exim temporarily rejected this message?
>
> In case this is important: I'm using sa-exim which is a local_scan
> extension to Exim to invoke SpamAssassin.

Possibly SpamAssassin timed out. Which SA version are you using? I've
noticed that SA 2.31 sometimes takes *foreeeeever* to process perfectly
ordinary-looking messages -- probably a dumb regex somewhere.
Performance seems much better in 2.4x.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@???>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I just heard the SEVENTIES were over!!  And I was just getting in touch