Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions

Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Clarification on Exim functions
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Jerry A! wrote:

> Just to be fair, I wouldn't consider this a decision an endorsement of
> quality. The reason Exim is the default MTA in Debian is b/c it's the
> *only* GPL'd MTA.

Is this documented somewhere?

Because standard Debian includes a lot of non-GPL'd software.

sendmail's and postfix's licensing fit the Debian "Free Software
Guidelines" -- and they are available as official Debian packages.

> Regardless, Exim is a fantastic MTA (and that's 5+ years of usage
> speaking).

I agree. My professional use is almost 5 years Exim, 4 years sendmail, 2
years postfix, and less than one year with qmail -- all on a variety of
different operating systems at a variety of different ISPs.

Jeremy C. Reed

  http://bsd.reedmedia.net/  -- BSD news and resources
  http://www.isp-faq.com/    -- find answers to your questions