Re: [Exim] verify/callout again

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] verify/callout again
On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Phil Chambers wrote:

> I think I have my verify/callout set up Ok, but can't see how to test
> it. Using "exim -bh" does not do a callout and gives no clear
> indication that the callout would take place in a live situation. I
> would be happy for no callout to happen, but just a line in the output
> saying "Callout for <address> skipped". I can't see a command-line
> option which would help.

I take it you are referring to Exim 4 here. In which case you should see
the lines

Attempting full verification using callout
... callout omitted when host testing

in the debugging output. If you aren't seeing these, maybe something
isn't quite right.

Remember you can always use -d with -bh to get additional debugging
output.