Re: [Exim] verify/callout again

Autor: Phil Chambers
A: exim-users
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] verify/callout again
On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:53:51 +0100 (BST) Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Phil Chambers wrote:
>
> > I think I have my verify/callout set up Ok, but can't see how to test
> > it. Using "exim -bh" does not do a callout and gives no clear
> > indication that the callout would take place in a live situation. I
> > would be happy for no callout to happen, but just a line in the output
> > saying "Callout for <address> skipped". I can't see a command-line
> > option which would help.
>
> I take it you are referring to Exim 4 here. In which case you should see
> the lines
>
> Attempting full verification using callout
> ... callout omitted when host testing
>
> in the debugging output. If you aren't seeing these, maybe something
> isn't quite right.
>
> Remember you can always use -d with -bh to get additional debugging
> output.

I am not seeing that text in the output (with or without -d). Reading the spec,
37.10 says "if the callout option is present ... if the address is successfully
routed to one or more remote hosts". Surely, routing is to transports and
transports manage what happens next. How does exim know what is a remote host?
Surely it is my ACL which makes that decision:

  deny message = "..."
       domains = +callout_domains
       ! verify = recipient/callout

by using the domains qualifier?