Re: [Exim] filter mail command

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Phil Chambers
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] filter mail command
On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Phil Chambers wrote:

> I want to use a mail command in my exim3 filter, but I get an error
> message saying I have not defined a message_filter_reply_transport. I
> don't know what to put in my config. I have used "to $sender_address"
> in the mail command and surely, that needs to go through
> routing/directing in order to work out which transport is needed?

Yes, ultimately. But what happens first is that the Exim that is running
the filter (Exim 1) submits the new message to a different incarnation of
Exim (Exim 2). So from Exim 1's point of view, it is "delivering" the
first message by creating the second. For convenience (to save having to
invent a new type of driver), this creation is done by a transport - the
autoreply transport. Exim 2 then receives the new message and delivers
it as normal.

> Exim4 has changed this to "system_filter_reply_transport" and exim4
> spec, at the end of section 39.1, says "system_filter_reply_transport"
> must be set to handle and messages generated by the reply command."
> I cannot find a filter reply command!

That's a typo. It should read "mail command".