[Exim] filter mail command

Autor: Phil Chambers
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] filter mail command
I am rather confused by the system filter mail command (exim3 & exim4). The
documentation for exim3 and 4 differs, but that seems to make it more confusing.

I want to use a mail command in my exim3 filter, but I get an error message saying I
have not defined a message_filter_reply_transport. I don't know what to put in my
config. I have used "to $sender_address" in the mail command and surely, that needs
to go through routing/directing in order to work out which transport is needed?

Exim4 has changed this to "system_filter_reply_transport" and exim4 spec, at the end
of section 39.1, says "system_filter_reply_transport" must be set to handle and
messages generated by the reply command."
                          ^^^^^
I cannot find a filter reply command!

The reason I am using the mail command is because I want to respond to some viruses
without including the original message text. If I use the filter fail command then
exim will include the original text and my response may be bounced back because it
still contains the virus.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter