Re: [Exim] Exim (v4) SMTP AUTH as Client

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: Andreas Dolfen
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim (v4) SMTP AUTH as Client
--
søn, 2002-09-01 kl. 16:16 skrev Andreas Dolfen:

> My provider gave me these information concering the switch to SMTP AUTH:

Hallo Andreas!

Do please write to the list, not to me privately. You're much better off
being helped by a community, rather than a singel person.

At any rate, this should come under ROUTERS (as far as I can see, it
should work for Exim 4, but I cannot try it out):

remote_smtp:
    driver = manualroute
        transport = remote_smtp
      hosts_require_auth = smtp.puretec.de
      route_list = smtp.puretec.de

You might need this too under ROUTERS (I haven't gone back to your
configure file to check. It assumes you've defined local_domains in the
main section):

dnslookup:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = remote_smtp
ignore_target_hosts = 127.0.0.0/8
no_more

And an Exim 4-modified version of what follows this should come under
AUTHENTICATORS. At the moment you don't have it anywhere. Under
AUTHENTICATORS you have plain text and login authenticators, which
obviously will not work if your ISP has told you to use CRAM-MD5:

Firstly, you'll have to have compiled this option into the Exim binary.

Secondly, I use AUTH PLAIN, so I'll have to give you what is in the
spec.txt, included with the Exim tarball. I do suggest you work hard on
reading it and trying out what you've read, with the necessary
modifications :-)

This is for Exim 4.x, under AUTHENTICATORS:

cram:
    driver = cram_md5
    public_name = CRAM-MD5
    server_secret = ${if eq{$1}{ph10}{secret1}fail}
    client_name = ph10
    client_secret = secret2

The "server_" option is used when Exim is acting as a server, and the
"client_" options when it is acting as a client.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key:    http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981