Re: [Exim] ldap problem with exim 3.36

Autor: David Malfilâtre
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] ldap problem with exim 3.36
On ven, 2002-08-09 at 15:16, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On 9 Aug 2002, David Malfilâtre wrote:
>
> > The thing that I don t understand is why it were working on a 3.31 exim
> > and now I have this problem only with 3.36
> >
> > If there is no solution I will downgrade to 3.11, as I have done on one
> > of my biggest server.
>
> There is only one change in the LDAP code between 3.31 and 3.36. Here it
> is:
>

> ----------
> if (host[0] == 0) host = NULL;
> ----------
> if (host != NULL && host[0] == 0) host = NULL;
> ----------
>

> That shouldn't make any difference at all; it was introduced when
> OpenLDAP 2.0.11 behaved differently to 2.0.6.

I can use openldap 2.0.11 and 2.0.15

> Have you changed your LDAP library between compiling 3.11 and 3.36?

I have changed nothing except my exim version ( and also my courier imap
version too ). It runs on debian and I m using stow too upgrade my
software version.

Seems that i ll need to downgrade all my servers. Thought other people
had the same problem. Will look deeper in this prob when I ll have time.

Thanks anyway :o)