Re: [Exim] ldap problem with exim 3.36

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Malfilâtre
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] ldap problem with exim 3.36
On 9 Aug 2002, David Malfilâtre wrote:

> The thing that I don t understand is why it were working on a 3.31 exim
> and now I have this problem only with 3.36
>
> If there is no solution I will downgrade to 3.11, as I have done on one
> of my biggest server.

There is only one change in the LDAP code between 3.31 and 3.36. Here it
is:

if (host[0] == 0) host = NULL;
if (host != NULL && host[0] == 0) host = NULL;

That shouldn't make any difference at all; it was introduced when
OpenLDAP 2.0.11 behaved differently to 2.0.6.

Have you changed your LDAP library between compiling 3.11 and 3.36?