Re: [Exim] exiwhat: was: [Exim] pid-file

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave English
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exiwhat: was: [Exim] pid-file
On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Dave English wrote:

> >Is this problem consistent?
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> > Remember that exiwhat works by sending a
> >signal and waiting one second in the hope that all the exims have
> >responded by then.
>
> Well the machine has very little to do. I suppose it could just be that
> the process cannot get going within a second because it is idle, all it
> does is start a queue runner. The only other special thing that I can
> think of is that no queue runner has ever yet had anything to deliver.

The way to debug this is to hack into the exiwhat script, to make it
output what it gets out of the "ps" command, to make sure it is finding
all the processes. Maybe get it to output which processes it is sending
SIGUSR1 signals to.

> I am happy to investigate this further if you would like, but equally I
> could just leave it filed with our SCM.

Well, as I can't reproduce it, I can't do anything about it without
further information. :-) If you can track it down, I'll be happy to try
to fix things.

Philip