Re: [Exim] Conditional startup panic condition

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Conditional startup panic condition
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I know how macros work. :-)

i didn't mean to.. :)

> Exactly. How do I test the value of the macro, given that it's used as
> a component of a path (to the spool directory, for example)? The only
> thing I can think of is to use expansion in the value for spool_directory,
> and to expand to a syntactically invalid pathname if the default value
> of the macro hasn't been overridden. Syntactically invalid pathnames
> are quite hard to produce. :-)

indeed; but what if you set it to some really non-existent dir (whose
parent doesn't, and would never, exist) ? i've just tried it, and exim
seems only to create the last component if the directory doesn't
exist. if the last component's parent doesn't exist, exim panics off.

(is this spool_directory thing the actual problem, or was that only a
dramatization ? :)

--
[-]