Re: [Exim] Conditional startup panic condition

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Sheldon Hearn
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Conditional startup panic condition
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I have an Exim configuration file that depends on a macro being defined
> on the Exim command-line. If it's not defined (e.g. forgetful admin),
> I'd like an immediage Exim panic on startup, to ensure no unexpected
> side-effects.
>
> Any ideas on how to implement such a panic? It's obviously just a
> simple expansion involving string comparison, but what option can I hook
> the expansion into?

commandline overrides the definitions in the conffile -> think the
other way around:

cffile: FOOBAR = default-value-lazy-admin

and just before you'd use the macro, check whethet it's the above
default (so no commandline definition has been given). no idea though
on how to make exim panic forcibly. i'd assume you are creative enough
to get it to :)

--
[-]