Re: [Exim] Exim4: one_time and headers_add

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim4: one_time and headers_add
On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, John Horne wrote:

> > It wouldn't have worked in Exim 3. Perhaps you never noticed?
> >
> Ooh err!?? Well the one_time sorted out the problem we had with the mail
> queue, we later added a headers_remove option because we had added headers
> from the other mailhub - all very convoluted, don't ask! However, I shall
> check since if it wasn't working then I have nowt to worry about with Exim 4

Perhaps I should elaborate on "it wouldn't have worked". The detail is
that it would have been inconsistent. If the addresses that passed
through the one_time director were delivered at the first attempt, the
headers_remove would have been acted on. However, for any that weren't
delivered, and thus were promoted to "top level" addresses because of
the one_time setting, there was no memory of headers_remove. Thus, at
the next delivery, when such addresses would no longer pass through that
director, the headers_remove wouldn't happen.