Re: [Exim] Conditional startup panic condition

Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Conditional startup panic condition
On (2002/07/22 14:48), Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> commandline overrides the definitions in the conffile -> think the
> other way around:
>
> cffile: FOOBAR = default-value-lazy-admin

I know how macros work. :-)

> and just before you'd use the macro, check whethet it's the above
> default (so no commandline definition has been given). no idea though
> on how to make exim panic forcibly. i'd assume you are creative enough
> to get it to :)

Exactly. How do I test the value of the macro, given that it's used as
a component of a path (to the spool directory, for example)? The only
thing I can think of is to use expansion in the value for spool_directory,
and to expand to a syntactically invalid pathname if the default value
of the macro hasn't been overridden. Syntactically invalid pathnames
are quite hard to produce. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.