Re: [Exim] Virtual Host woes

Autor: Peter N Lewis
A: James Harr, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Virtual Host woes
At 15:25 -0500 13/7/02, James Harr wrote:

>I've been searching for some virtual-hosting solutions. Something where I
>don't have to worry about mapping virtual users to local users.
>
>I've seen proprietary setups for users like:
>/home/fubar/etc/passwd
>All the uids are set to the same thing as fubar's uid (an actual system
>account).
>
>Then they use a proprietary pop3/smtp server to retreive email (by using a
>full email address for logins).

Yeah, I do the equivalent. Everyone else seems to use MySQL, I've
never gotten around to learning it, and have just a small system, so
I just use a lookup file with passwords:

ACL:

localuser:
   driver        = accept
   local_parts   = lsearch;/Users/exim/perlpop/poppasswd
   transport     = local_delivery

Transport:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
user = exim
mode = 0660

I also have a little perl script that handles the pop server, and
another perl script that handles password changing (anyone who wants
these servers is welcome to them, I just haven't quite got around to
making them available yet).

Enjoy,
    Peter.

--