Re: [Exim] Virtual Host woes

Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: James Harr
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Virtual Host woes
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, James Harr wrote:

> I've seen proprietary setups for users like:
> /home/fubar/etc/passwd
> All the uids are set to the same thing as fubar's uid (an actual system
> account).

what could be proprietary in such a setup ?

> Then they use a proprietary pop3/smtp server to retreive email (by using a
> full email address for logins).
>
> Any idea on an equivalent?

do the equivalent. users in mysql, all sharing one system account,
courier-pop as popserver, one transport and one director in exim (and
that already includes fancy features such as forwarding, multi-drop
boxen, groupmails, everything. at least, everything i could thought
of.

i don't quite see the problem. take a piece of paper and a pen, throw
away the keyboard, and sketch your dream setup. then go back to the
keyboard and try to implement it. at least, that's what i think the
route should be - you seem to be going the opposite direction. i bet
you don't even know where your pen is ;>

--
[-]