Re: [Exim] Help with Exim and LDAP

Author: Daniel Himler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help with Exim and LDAP
Hi,

I'm using exim together with courier-imap with the following
information hosted in OpenLDAP (using a custom schema):

- Local domains (query for mail attribute "postmaster@domain")
- Aliases (query for mail attribute)
- Custom autoreplies (using self-defined attributes)
- Forwards with and without copy to original recipient (also using
self-defined attributes)
- Local users (query for the existence of the maildir location of an uid)
- Quota support (query for the quota of an uid and use it with
deliverquota from courier)

I didn't need SMTP AUTH yet, but that should be one of the easier things
to do.

I wrote a little web-interface based on PHP and JavaScript to manage all
of this (admin and user), but it's still buggy.

To put it in a nutshell: you can use LDAP for all the things you
mentioned. Take a closer look on chapter 9.9ff of the exim specification
and try to get the information out of LDAP for every router.

E.g.:
domainlist local_domains = @${lookup ldapm{\
ldap:///ou=Users,ou=Accounts,o=Example?uid?sub?\
(&(objectClass=mailAccount)(mail=postmaster@$domain))\
} { : $domain}{}}

Good luck!

Regards,