[Exim] Help with Exim and LDAP

Author: David L. Harfst
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Help with Exim and LDAP
Hi all,

We are currently using Netscape Messaging and Netscape Directory
for emil. We want to convert this over to Exim and OpenLDAP.

I'm looking for documentation on how to configure Exim with LDAP,
and I can't seem to find decent information.

Specifically, what I want to know how to do is the following:
- use LDAP for aliasing and address verification
- use LDAP for SMTP AUTH
- use LDAP for forwarding and vacation messages

Basically, I want to use LDAP for everything. But I can't
find specific information (or even general information, in
some cases) on how to set up the config file to do this.

Being new to Exim, I'm having quite a bit of trouble with it.

Thanks.

--
David L. Harfst                     Computerized Medical Systems
Senior Systems Engineer             St. Louis, Missouri