Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wro…

Autor: dman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wrong
--
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 06:11:36PM -0400, Anita Lewis wrote:
| On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:46:42AM -0500, dman wrote:
| > Can you show us the exact error message (all of it)?
| > Even before seeing the error message, I'll take a guess as to what is
| > wrong.

| Thanks for the explanation and the help.

You're welcome.

| I can't send the error message, because I no longer have the email and this
| only happens rarely, but annoyingly. I will see if I can remember who I
| wrote to and try to duplicate it.

It's always good to be able to go back and test your changes :-).

| Your guesses are correct.

I'm psychic ... not really, I've just been through that learning
experience before so I figured that had the highest probability :-).

| I don't think I have a FQDN - don't know what it is.

Fully Qualified Domain Name. For example, "dman.ddts.net" is a FQDN,
and it resovles (through DNS) to 65.107.69.216 (right now, it
technically could change any time, but I know it won't be changing
until july/august). If you don't know what a FQDN is, then you don't
have one.

| I already have that entry in /etc/email-addresses. I forget why I
| put it there, but it was to solve another problem as I recall.

Probably to rewrite the From: header, if your MUA didn't set it to
the address your ISP provides.

-D

--

He who belongs to God hears what God says.  The reason you do not hear
is that you do not belong to God.