Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wro…

Autor: Anita Lewis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wrong
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 09:46:42AM -0500, dman wrote:
> Can you show us the exact error message (all of it)?
> Even before seeing the error message, I'll take a guess as to what is
> wrong.
>
> Here's my guesses/assumptions :
>     "sidekick" is the name of your machine
>     "ajlewis2" is your username
>     the 127.0.0.1 line in /etc/hosts looks like this
>             127.0.0.1  sidekick  localhost

<snip - thanks for the great explanation>
> *This* is the data you need to change.
>
> There are 2 ways you can change it.  Do you have a FQDN?  If so, just
> change the hosts line to read
>     127.0.0.1  THE.FQDN sidekick localhost
> if not, then create an entry in /etc/email-addresses like this
>     ajlewis2: ajlewis2@???

> so that exim can rewrite your local-but-invalid-on-the-internet
> address to your correct Internet address.
>
> HTH,
> -D

Thanks for the explanation and the help.

I can't send the error message, because I no longer have the email and this
only happens rarely, but annoyingly. I will see if I can remember who I
wrote to and try to duplicate it. Your guesses are correct.

I don't think I have a FQDN - don't know what it is. I already have that
entry in /etc/email-addresses. I forget why I put it there, but it was to
solve another problem as I recall.
--
Anita
GnuPG key: 1024D/9EDAC910