Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wro…

Autor: Anita Lewis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wrong
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 04:35:29AM -0700, Nathan Kay wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 03:27:53PM -0400, ajlewis2@??? wrote:
> > When I send a message, Sender: says ajlewis2@sidekick. I want it to be
> > ajlewis2@???.
>
> Anita,
>     I had to deal with this a while back, for a different reason.
> As dman mentioned, the "Sender" header isn't required, though some mail
> servers might check to make sure that it's valid, if the header exists.

>     My solution was to add "headers_remove = Sender" in my
> "remote_smtp" transport, so that I have this:

> # This transport is used for delivering messages over SMTP connections.
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
> headers_remove = Sender
>
>     This tells Exim to strip out the "Sender" header before sending
> the mail out. This resolved the situation for me at least.

> --
> Nathan Kay

Thanks, Nathan. I did not have that there and I put it there. Now I
*really* need to remember who I wrote to so that I can try it out. Wouldn't
you know I deleted the Sent messages out of my webmail stuff today. That
was where I had to go to email this person. Well, hopefully it will work and
I won't get any more spam things. Oh, man, where is my mind??!! Ok, I
wrote myself an email and Sender: is gone. I put it back, and it reappears.
That should solve the problem. Thanks again.

--
Anita
GnuPG key: 1024D/9EDAC910