Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wro…

Autor: dman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Getting rejects for sending Spam - Sender set wrong
--
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 11:07:45PM +0800, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
| +++ dman <Friday 31 May 2002 22:46>:
| > There are 2 ways you can change it.  Do you have a FQDN?  If so, just
| > change the hosts line to read
| >     127.0.0.1  THE.FQDN sidekick localhost
| > if not, then create an entry in /etc/email-addresses like this
| >     ajlewis2: ajlewis2@???

| Why not use a mail client that talks smtp on port 25,

mutt is too cool to do that :-). (and this brings up the whole
MUA-is-not-MTA-and-doesn't-queue-properly-etc debate, of which I'm
clearly on the opposite side from you)

| or set the user she is sending mail as a trusted user, so that she
| can invoke sendmail -f from her mail client?

That's possible, if you want to go there. For a single-user box it's
probably not a problem. Using the /etc/email-addresses rewrite does
the trick without adding trusted users. Take your pick. (I'm not
wholly against this method, for a single-user box)

-D

--

Do not pay attention to every word people say,
    or you may hear your servant cursing you --